Pastor Thomas and I met again yesterday for our German Kaffee Klatsch. It was SO much fun! I am fighting off a cold and was feeling kind of lousy and low-energy yesterday afternoon, but by the time we were finished, I felt great! The first time we met, I didn't say a whole lot and when I did, it seemed like I stumbled quite a bit over my words. But yesterday it seemed like Thomas could hardly get a word in! We chatted for about 2 hours about all kinds of things...even what we preached about last Sunday and what we are planning for this week! Even he commented on how far I have come in such a very short time.
It's very exciting how quickly my German is coming back...and given that I have not used it in this way for nearly 20 years, it is also a testament to my teachers over the years and how well the language was cemented in me in the first place. I am amazed at how much my little brain has actually retained...God is good! (Just don't ask my about my Greek...yikes!)
More and more of you have been telling me that you've been following along with the blog... thank you so much! It's great to know so many are sharing this journey with me. I found out yesterday that my niece, Brittney, happens to be studying German in High School and is very jealous that I am going over for a visit. Maybe someday I'll get to lead a tour of my own and she can come with me!
The time is sure passing quickly. I'll be starting my research on each of our stops on the trip very soon.
Bis Spaeter! Thanks for reading...and keep checking back!
Oh and by the way...I did try some German on the cat. While she knows her name, "breakfast," and "treats" in English, she didn't even flinch when I told her it was time to eat in German. She's definitely not eine deutsche Katze!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment