More hard news this week. The final bill came...and what I owe is $1000.00 more than what we had budgeted for. Yikes! It seems that because I am traveling as a single person, it means that I have to bear the brunt of the cost for the whole hotel room at each place we stay. Makes sense, of course...we just didn't know this was coming. The travel agency is being very helpful and allowing us to make payments, which definitely helps our bottom line here at home. But, instead of this being an affordable trip, it has become a trip we can barely afford. However, the memories I will make while I am there (and later with Ken when he joins me in this wondrous adventure) will surely be priceless nonetheless.
Pastor Thomas had a scheduling conflict, so we did not get to meet for our weekly German Kaffee Klatsch yesterday. That's OK - I understand that sort of "occupational hazard," especially since it happens to me all the time. So I continue to practice reading German out loud at night from the Bible...and what's even more exciting is that I can understand most of what I am reading. Some of the words are new to me, but if I am familiar enough with the story, I can usually figure them out. If that doesn't work, then I grab my trusty Worterbuch and look them up.

Hi Kim,
ReplyDeleteObviously we didn't know that we had to sign up.
I looked at some of the people listed on the blog and there is a guy in SF who is interested in trains and trams. I doubt that I will email him, but it was interesting to see someone who is interested in rails. Pop