Gruess Gott von Bayern!
Ken arrived in Frankfurt today, safe and sound. We figured out the train system (we think) and made our way back to Fuessen in Bavaria. Tomorrow we head for Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein. I have seen Neuschwanstein but not the other one. In some ways, I really haven’t seen either one because it was so cloudy when we were here a few days ago. The clouds were so low, you couldn’t even see how tall the alps are. That is certainly not the case today – it was a lovely day in the mid 60’s (I would guess) and I did not have to wear a jacket outside for the first time in 13 days. Ken has been giving me grief all day long because I asked him to bring me my scarf, gloves, and hat, and today it was just lovely. Tomorrow is supposed to be just as nice, so it will be great for taking pics up on the mountain. Then the rain is supposed to return for the next 3 days. Bummer – that’s when we’ll be in Austria.
The hotel I found online is great, too – unlimited free internet in the room (a first since I have been here), and the hotel houses some of the original costumes from one of Wagner’s operas. Very cool indeed! We ate supper in a biergarten downstairs (another first!), and that was a lot of fun as well. Ken ate his first wiener schnitzel, and I had my first plate of pasta (a la carbonara, no less!) since I have been here. Both were scrumptious!
Ken arrived in Frankfurt today, safe and sound. We figured out the train system (we think) and made our way back to Fuessen in Bavaria. Tomorrow we head for Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein. I have seen Neuschwanstein but not the other one. In some ways, I really haven’t seen either one because it was so cloudy when we were here a few days ago. The clouds were so low, you couldn’t even see how tall the alps are. That is certainly not the case today – it was a lovely day in the mid 60’s (I would guess) and I did not have to wear a jacket outside for the first time in 13 days. Ken has been giving me grief all day long because I asked him to bring me my scarf, gloves, and hat, and today it was just lovely. Tomorrow is supposed to be just as nice, so it will be great for taking pics up on the mountain. Then the rain is supposed to return for the next 3 days. Bummer – that’s when we’ll be in Austria.
The hotel I found online is great, too – unlimited free internet in the room (a first since I have been here), and the hotel houses some of the original costumes from one of Wagner’s operas. Very cool indeed! We ate supper in a biergarten downstairs (another first!), and that was a lot of fun as well. Ken ate his first wiener schnitzel, and I had my first plate of pasta (a la carbonara, no less!) since I have been here. Both were scrumptious!

No comments:
Post a Comment