After the Passion Play, we drive to Mannhein for an overnight before returning to the airport at Frankfurt. Ken arrives around 9:30am. Frankfurt Airport is huge - it's like our O'Hare or Atlanta - but it's not THAT big. I told Ken if he arrives before I do, his job is to stay put and let me find him.
From there, we are hoping to hop on a train to Rome fairly quickly. Most things that we want to see are closed on Monday, which makes it a pretty good day to travel. If we can find a train on Sunday afternoon, we'll arrive in Rome the next afternoon, which will give us an evening to just walk around, take in the sites, and/or just rest.
Tuesday we hope to either find the City Tour (bus) and see all the big things, or get tickets to the Vatican and Sistine Chapel. Whatever we don't do on Tuesday we will do on Wednesday. Thursday more than likely we'll have to head back to Munich, where we will visit Dachau Concentration Camp and then Neuschwanstein again. If this castle is even half as good as I think it will be, it will be really exciting to see it again. Ken sure wants to.
From there, we plan to head back to Frankfurt (Saturday) and then catch our plane for The States on Sunday.
It's hard to believe this whole adventure is only a matter of days away. I already packed and am just awaiting the time to throw in the last minute things, like my hair dryer.
Look out, Germany, here I come!
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment